Obligations of the importer are:
1. Check the manufacturer's conformity assessment procedure
2. Verify technical documentation by manufacturer (no obligation to keep a copy of the technical documentation)
3. Check conformity marking (eg CE marking)
4. Check presence of instructions and safety information of the product and language requirements
5. Enter name, trade name or mark, postal address on the product (packaging and / or accompanying documentation in terms of dimensions or physical characteristics)
6. Keep a copy of the Declaration of Conformity (and / or DoP, Declaration of Performance) for 10 years after placing the product on the market
7. In case of placing a product under its own name or brand name or significant product change, manufacturer's obligations apply
8. Must be able to contact the manufacturer (eg to make technical documentation available)
Generaal Foulkesweg 90
6703 BZ WAGENINGEN
© Copyright 2017 | Euronorm.net
► CE-marking: Manditory or not?
► Road to CE-marking
► CE-marking required in the EU, EEA, EFTA ?
► Standardization Institutes & Notified Bodies
► Is my product excluded from CE marking?
► Introduction to the CE-Tool
► About us
► Quick Start Guide
► Covered Directives in the CE Tool
► Download and share your technical files